Why is it important to wash my filter?
- The filter protects the indoor machine from dust, which everyone’s home is full of!
- This dust accumulates on the indoor coil and creates a thick black sludge which, when kept in a dark moist environment, can become toxic and full of bacteria.
- This sludge will contaminate the air which it then distributes throughout the house for us to breathe. Gross, right!?
- It will also will block up your drain which will leak and flood your ceiling, potentially causing thousands of dollars of damage.
All of this for not taking 5 minutes to wash your filter!
My air conditioner is leaking
Unfortunately, if your air conditioner is leaking you will need to contact us to fix it. This involves pulling apart the machine to clean the coil, flush the drains and applying an anti-bacterial solution.
There is no power to my air conditioner and it won’t turn on
This could be one of many issues. The one thing you could do to try and solve it is to make sure the circuit breaker at electrical box is switched on.
Even if it looks on, reset it and make sure there is no power. If it is tripped, however, and you decide to turn it on and it trips again, call us to come look. Don’t risk your safety!
Why is my air conditioner not blowing cold air?
- This could be one of many issues, including a gas leak or a mechanical failure.
- We suggest resetting the circuit breaker to reset the machine in case there was a minor fault. Wait a couple of minutes before turning the breaker back on.
- Make sure it is set to cool.
- Set it to a comfortable temperature.
- Put the fan speed on high/constant if possible.
- Turn machine back on and wait 5 minutes before declaring war!
- Most systems have a safety that will not allow the compressor to start until 5 minutes after you have requested it. This is to prevent you or a child from turning it on and off quickly like a light switch and costing you too much money.
- If this works that’s great!
- But if it works for 5–10 minutes and then stops again, don’t force the issue, you will cause more damage. Get us out to look at the problem.
Why is my outdoor air conditioner unit not running?
This could be as easily solved as resetting the air conditioner or there could be one of many other reasons.
This is usually a safety that has tripped and thus the machine won’t run in order to protect itself from any mechanical damage or risk of an electrical fire. If after resetting the machine it still does not run, please call us.
Who do I call to ask a question about my air conditioner?
WHY, FINDLAY AIR CONDITIONING OF COURSE!!  9357 9439
Energy Saving Tips
With electricity prices constantly on the rise, it is crucial you keep energy consumption low. We have some great tips to help lower your air conditioner's energy consumption:
- Shut windows and external doors when operating the air conditioner.
- Minimise the area being cooled or heated by shutting doors to unused rooms. If you have zones, eliminate those areas not in use.
- Many buildings can easily reduce lighting without affecting productivity. Turn off as many unnecessary lights as possible during working hours and make sure all lights are turned off after hours.
- Regularly clean filters.
- Set up the external section of the air conditioner (compressor) away from direct sunlight, and with good air flow around it.
- Set the thermostat between 24 and 27°C in summer and 18 and 21°C in winter.
- Reduce the amount of hot/cold air entering the building by shading windows and walls, insulating ceilings and walls and sealing draughts.
- Open up windows and external doors if the outside temperature is lower than the inside temperature instead of using the air conditioner.